Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip Ahead and Alpha Ring (2005.200423-0000)
Hey Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha ring users! Today’s Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 2005 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_200519041.2417.200423-0000). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_200519041.2417.200423-0000
- Available: 2 p.m. PT – April 24, 2020
- Mandatory: 3 a.m. PT – April 25, 2020
New Features for Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha
New channels on Community page: we’ve heard your feedback on the Community page and are now rolling out an experiment that will make it more clear where your Community content is coming from. With this new layout update you will be able to browse through four different channels and keep up with what’s happening with your Friends, Clubs, Official Clubs and around Xbox Live!
Simplified options for People Tab on Guide: we are exploring ways to make your Guide experience easier and faster! With this update, you will notice that we have merged a few options on the People tab together: you can now find the “Discover Clubs” option within “Clubs”, and you can see all your friend recommendations that were previous on “Friend Suggestions” within “Find someone”.
Fixes for Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha
We’ve heard your feedback, and we’re happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this 2005 build:
- Various fixes to address games getting stuck at 100% when updating/installing.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console
Known Issues for Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These issues aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution. We appreciate your patience at this time!
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Some users have reported that their clips are not recording the full length requested. This is being reported for 4K clips and non-4K clips. We are aware and investigating.
- Some users are reporting that they are not seeing Gamerpics or Profile information in the Friends tab. We are aware of the issue and investigating.
- We’ve received reports that the Friends tab is not showing the correct status of online/offline friends.
My Games & Apps
- Users have reported seeing black tiles instead of game artwork when browsing their collection.
- Note: We are still investigating the issue, please report the issue again from the console if you have done so with a prior update and are still seeing this behavior.
- Some titles in collection may appear with a “trial” tag incorrectly in collection.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Are you not seeing your issue listed above? Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
Learn more about feedback and how each ring is differentiated in the following links:
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter and join the community subreddit for support and updates. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!
Xbox Insider Release Notes – Beta Ring (2005.200423-0000)
Xbox Insider Release Notes – Beta Ring (2005.200418-0000)
Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip-Ahead and Alpha Ring (2005.200421-0000)