Yoga Programs Coming to Xbox Fitness
We’re excited to announce two new yoga workouts from Jillian Michaels, Yoga Inferno Workout 1 and Yoga Inferno Workout 2, will be added to the Xbox Fitness library on Tuesday, May 6. A 10-Minute Solutions yoga program, 5 Day Get Fit Mix: Power Yoga, will also join the Xbox Fitness library for our yoga fans.
Yoga is a great way to work on your flexibility and strength, helping you round out your workouts, move better and feel less stiff and tired. These yoga programs are among many workouts included in the extensive Xbox Fitness library of the world’s most popular fitness brands, including Tracy Anderson, Beachbody (P90X? and INSANITY?), Anchor Bay (a Starz company) and Mossa. Be sure to check out all the exciting content, including these new yoga programs, available for free with your Xbox Live Gold membership through December 2014.
Jillian Michaels Trainer Spotlight
With only two months before summer officially kicks off, there’s no better time than now to start getting back into the fitness groove, and Xbox Fitness is here to help. Continuing our Xbox Fitness trainer spotlight series, “America’s Toughest Trainer” Jillian Michaels, creator of “Extreme Shed and Shred” and “Hard Body,” shared her top five tips on how to get the most out of your workout routine:
- Intensify your workout: If you are looking to shed those last stubborn pounds, you need to increase the intensity of your workouts. I want you breathless and your heart pumping. I want you really pushing yourself.
- Change up your routine: Are you getting bored with that same old exercise routine? Chances are your body is, too. It’s probably time to switch things up if you want to continue seeing results.
- Quality over quantity: Using proper form when working out is the key to getting the results you want and preventing injuries. Think quality over quantity. Take the time to perfect your form in order to get the results you want and keep your body healthy and strong.
- Take time to recover: Exercise is the architect and recovery is the builder. Your muscles need adequate recovery time to build and get stronger, so make sure you get enough rest and don’t work out seven days a week. Take at least two days off.
- Hydrate: Proper hydration is critical for exercise performance and speeds up metabolism.
Jillian Michaels Q&A
We spoke with Jillian Michaels to learn more about her training technique, fitness programs and how the Xbox One technology can help you get the most out of your workout at home. Read on for more and stay tuned for more tips from the Xbox Fitness trainers in the coming months.
Tell us about the history of your training technique – what makes it unique?
Having owned my own sports medicine facility, I had the chance to work with some incredibly knowledgeable people. I also grew up practicing martial arts. These experiences allowed me to fine-tune my methods and …read more